The Talon

Play that Beat

Omar Safi (12)

More stories from Omar Safi

Google Images

This winter has been full of new albums arriving from rising and current stars in the rap world. Artists such as Migos and Drake and as well as labels like Quality Control have dominated the recent rankings with new music.

Quality Control, a label group in Atlanta, was able to produce their album Quality Control: Control the Streets Volume 1 was dropped on December 8, 2017 and it’s drawn mostly good reviews.

The album mostly features artists in the label such as Migos members Quavo, Takeoff Offset and other artists such as Lil Yachty rapped to upbeat tones that just make your head bump like a reflex. At times it may sound similar but the “fire” beats give the fans something to dance to.

Recently ChampagnePapi, a.k.a. Drake, dropped “Scary Hours” singing  two new songs Diplomatic Immunity and God’s plan. These two songs released out of nowhere sent social media into a frenzy.

The release of these two songs did not disappoint. God’s Plan rose to the top of the Spotify leaderboards getting at least 6 million plays a day and it broke Apple’s first day streaming record and Spotify U.S’s record for most streams in one day, beating out Taylor Swift.

The break out of this catchy song God’s Plan just now debuted first on Billboard Hot 100. The song’s beat and rhythm has led to many even myself to know most of the lyrics. As a big fan of Drake, the lyrics flow through your head everyday and you shouldn’t be afraid to be loud when this song is played.

Lastly, the long awaited album Culture II by Migos dropped on January 26, 2018. The album features famous artists like Big Sean, 21 Savage, Gucci Mane, Travis Scott, etc.

The sequel to the first album Culture, has 72 songs and is 5 hours and 13 minutes long! At times it does feel repetitive and everyone sounds the same, but the bass of the songs and musical production will draw you in.

2018 is starting off with a bang in the musical world and music lovers should anticipate more to come.