The Student News Site of Del Norte High School

Google Images

Google Images

It’s only a matter of time before Star Wars fans are finally able to witness the return of beloved characters such as Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and many more as their stories progress after the thrilling events that unfolded in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

In the eighth episode of the franchise, The Last Jedi, both good and evil continue to clash in a fight that drags in new characters, unexpected twists, and various conflicts to the big screen.

“I thought the trailer was spectacular, and very intense. It absolutely reflects the tone and the feel of the movie,” actor Andy Serkis, who plays Supreme Leader Snoke, said in an interview with IGN.

“I do think this movie is going to really surprise people with its plotline and story and its tension in it,” Serkis said.

The film will follow the next steps taken in the war that threatens the entire galaxy, highlighting the roles of Finn (John Boyega) and Poe (Oscar Isaac) as they work in the favor of the Resistance to gain the upper hand in the fight. A major new character is introduced on their end as well, as Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) joins the story to strengthen their team.

Further development to the story follows Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) under the ominous shadows of the First Order, Luke Skywalker’s (Mark Hamill) mysterious reappearance, and Rey’s (Daisy Ridley) journey towards self-discovery… perhaps even the Dark Side.

Underneath all the mind-shattering battles and spectacular effects, director Rian Johnson keeps the epic saga’s deeper meaning consistent to connect the Star Wars world to ours.

“What [Star Wars] is really about is the transition from adolescence into adulthood,” Johnson said in an interview with Yahoo Entertainment. “And a big part of that is navigating the relationship with your family, with your parents, with the people closest to you, with the people you most love, the people you’re most afraid of.”

Whether you’re a dedicated fan or not, audiences all over the US will be in for a thrill when Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits theaters December 15.

The Talon • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in